The Dunedin Midwinter Swing Festival with The DecaVitas
When?Start time: Friday 6:00pm (01 June)
End time: Monday 8:00pm (04 June)
Sweden is coming to Dunedin!
Save the date now - the Dunedin Midwinter Swing Festival is returning over Queen's Birthday weekend in 2018 with special guest dance teachers - The DecaVitas!
Rebecka and Charlie DecaVita are instructors, choreographers and performers of Lindy Hop, Charleston and other vintage swing dances. They're based in Stockholm, Sweden, but teach and perform all over the world.
Celebrating Lindy Hop, Shag and Blues in 2018, the Dunedin Midwinter Swing Festival will make your winter warmer with another fantastic weekend of music and dance!
- Aerials workshop with the DecaVitas (3 hours!)
- Dance workshops at all levels in Lindy Hop, Shag and the Blues
- Three days of classes (that's right - three days so make sure you're here Monday!)
- Four nights of social dancing to live jazz and blues in stunning heritage buildings (like The Savoy!)
- More guest teachers and styles to be announced!
Stay tuned here for all the updates and the buzz. Let's dance soon!
Want to know more about the guest teachers we've announced? See here: www.thedecavitas.com
P.S. You may not agree that our festival is in the middle of winter. Those who live in Dunedin beg to differ
Upcoming events at Dunedin, New Zealand
Athletic Pathways to the US - Dunedin
Friday 6:00pm (23 March)
Dunedin, New Zealand, Dunedin